Root Down Designs is a full service architectural firm specializing in low-carbon building solutions. We design both residential and commercial structures, specializing in alternative, conventional, & hybrid methods of construction.
- Highly-sustainable, responsible architecture
- Low-carbon building solutions
- Architectural systems planned in a holistic manner, full integration with the surrounding environment
- Advancing the natural building and permaculture movement through architectural design, education, and construction
- Thoughtful space sizing
- Efficient & highly-functional space designs
- Energy efficiency & a whole building systems approach
- Passive solar & cooling techniques
- Rammed earth, compressed earth block, adobe, cob, clay-based finishes, and hybrid methods utilizing modern-day engineering and building sciences.
- Navigating the permitting process in both North and South Carolina.
- Consulting with builders and contractors to oversee and assist in the construction process.
- Consultations/Feasibility Studies
- Passive Solar Design & Site Analysis/Studies
- Full Service Architectural ( Schematic Design – Construction Documents)
- Navigating the Permit Process/Working with Building Departments and other ‘red tape’ (for conventional or alternative construction)
- Bidding & Negotiations
- Construction Administration
- Coordinating Consultants, Engineers, Contractors/Builders, etc.
- Alternative Building Methods/Natural Building Consulting / Soils
- Identification & Consulting
- Building Workshops
- Educational Seminars & Presentations
*Root Down Designs is licensed in both SC and NC and fully qualified for Residential & Commercial projects.